In the past few months, there has been a buying spree among insurers that have bought successful independent brokerages such as Layton Blackham, Stuart Alexander and Carole Nash. Is this trend set to continue and will it further change the face of distribution?
Mike: I can't see it stopping now and I know that there are two or three large potential acquisitions of distribution by insurers in the pipeline at the moment. Right now, there's a scramble for distribution among carriers.
Peter F: Wit
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand