In the past few months, there has been a buying spree among insurers that have bought successful independent brokerages such as Layton Blackham, Stuart Alexander and Carole Nash. Is this trend set to continue and will it further change the face of distribution?
Mike: I can't see it stopping now and I know that there are two or three large potential acquisitions of distribution by insurers in the pipeline at the moment. Right now, there's a scramble for distribution among carriers.
Peter F: Wit
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin