Last month the European Commission launched a competition inquiry into commercial insurance practices across Europe, with particular emphasis on the broking community.
The inquiry is set to start later this year and, to date, appears to be very broad covering intermediaries, insurers, reinsurers, trade associations and even national regulators. The announcement came as the Commission also launched an inquiry into retail banking - an investigation which will launch immediately.
Susan Hankey, a
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017