Last month the European Commission launched a competition inquiry into commercial insurance practices across Europe, with particular emphasis on the broking community.
The inquiry is set to start later this year and, to date, appears to be very broad covering intermediaries, insurers, reinsurers, trade associations and even national regulators. The announcement came as the Commission also launched an inquiry into retail banking - an investigation which will launch immediately.
Susan Hankey, a
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover