Last month the European Commission launched a competition inquiry into commercial insurance practices across Europe, with particular emphasis on the broking community.
The inquiry is set to start later this year and, to date, appears to be very broad covering intermediaries, insurers, reinsurers, trade associations and even national regulators. The announcement came as the Commission also launched an inquiry into retail banking - an investigation which will launch immediately.
Susan Hankey, a
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business