The past three years have seen rapid increases in premiums across commercial lines. Reports of 300% increases were common, while some manufacturing sectors have suffered tenfold rises year on year. A recent survey from manufacturing lobbying group the Engineering Employers' Federation suggests that, on employers' liability (EL), firms are facing an average 23% rise this year, following on from an average of 50% in 2002 and 35% last year.
Another survey also suggests that 2,000 small firms
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?