The ratings on UK-based composite insurer Allianz Cornhill Insurance (Allianz Cornhill; A+/Negative/-) reflects its strategic importance to its ultimate parent, Allianz AG (Allianz; AA-/Negative/A-1+), its strong investments, and strong capitalisation. These factors are partially offset by the company's operating performance, which is good but improving.
Allianz Cornhill, as the principal Allianz subsidiary in the UK, is strategically important to its parent. Investments are considered strong
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData