Ask an average consumer what pre-paid legal expenses cover is and you are unlikely to get much of a response - although some might think you were talking about motor uninsured loss recovery (ULR) cover.
Like so many policies, the concept of a pre-paid legal cover has come from the US, where it is commonplace for people to amass a legal fund against future needs - for example, moving house, divorce and will-writing.
And there is a yawning gap in the UK market that such cover would fill.
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers