Ask an average consumer what pre-paid legal expenses cover is and you are unlikely to get much of a response - although some might think you were talking about motor uninsured loss recovery (ULR) cover.
Like so many policies, the concept of a pre-paid legal cover has come from the US, where it is commonplace for people to amass a legal fund against future needs - for example, moving house, divorce and will-writing.
And there is a yawning gap in the UK market that such cover would fill.
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa