Ask an average consumer what pre-paid legal expenses cover is and you are unlikely to get much of a response - although some might think you were talking about motor uninsured loss recovery (ULR) cover.
Like so many policies, the concept of a pre-paid legal cover has come from the US, where it is commonplace for people to amass a legal fund against future needs - for example, moving house, divorce and will-writing.
And there is a yawning gap in the UK market that such cover would fill.
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures