Operating under the Norwich Union (NU) brand, Aviva is the largest UK life and general insurer, with a 12% share of the UK life market and a 14% share of the UK general insurance market. It has a rating of AA-/Stable.
In general insurance, NU's competitive advantages are the group's low cost base, innovative use of technology in the underwriting process, efficient claims management, and brand strength. Distribution is well diversified, and the risk profile of the business is low, owing to NU'
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Ardonagh posts £14.1m loss for Q1 2018
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies