Operating under the Norwich Union (NU) brand, Aviva is the largest UK life and general insurer, with a 12% share of the UK life market and a 14% share of the UK general insurance market. It has a rating of AA-/Stable.
In general insurance, NU's competitive advantages are the group's low cost base, innovative use of technology in the underwriting process, efficient claims management, and brand strength. Distribution is well diversified, and the risk profile of the business is low, owing to NU'
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Turnover grows for Stackhouse Poland
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- Hyperion plans stake sale, reports say