Airmic has criticised the Treasury for declining a request that risk managers be granted automatic exemption from regulation under the Insurance Mediation Directive, which comes into force in January. Airmic said it was disappointed that the Treasury appeared to have missed the point of the request for exemption, which it said was based around the need for absolute clarity in this matter.
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite