Cyber resilience is about defence but it’s also about being prepared for an attack, according to Rob Wainwright, executive director of Europol.
Speaking at CFC Underwriting’s 2017 London Market Cyber Symposium, Wainwright said: “So much of what we do is reactive and we need to be better at predicting what will happen.”
According to Wainwright, Europol uses data and analytics to “understand how crime works across the borders” in Europe and to disrupt organised crime.
He explained th
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009