The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has told brokers not to panic after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) proposed that brokers should be included in the senior management and certification regime (SM&CR).
The regulator published a paper today (26 July) outlining proposals to extend the SM&CR to almost all regulated firms.
“The key message is that brokers do not need to panic about this,” Biba head of compliance and training, David Sparkes, told Insurance Age.
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Ecclesiastical launches three specialist heritage products
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Broker Expo 2017: The agenda