The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has told brokers not to panic after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) proposed that brokers should be included in the senior management and certification regime (SM&CR).
The regulator published a paper today (26 July) outlining proposals to extend the SM&CR to almost all regulated firms.
“The key message is that brokers do not need to panic about this,” Biba head of compliance and training, David Sparkes, told Insurance Age.
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market
- Biba signs Women in Finance Charter
- MCE blames Brexit as it pulls out of Republic of Ireland
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Markel stops writing London open market property
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock