The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has told brokers not to panic after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) proposed that brokers should be included in the senior management and certification regime (SM&CR).
The regulator published a paper today (26 July) outlining proposals to extend the SM&CR to almost all regulated firms.
“The key message is that brokers do not need to panic about this,” Biba head of compliance and training, David Sparkes, told Insurance Age.
- FCA warns of unauthorised firm targeting the UK
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up InsurePal to launch UK motor offering in 2018
- Acturis adds non-standard property MGA U-Sure to panel
- Predictions for 2018: The CII's Sian Fisher
- Profits up again at A-Plan
- Review of the year: July 2017
- PIB buys Citynet Insurance Brokers