The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has told brokers not to panic after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) proposed that brokers should be included in the senior management and certification regime (SM&CR).
The regulator published a paper today (26 July) outlining proposals to extend the SM&CR to almost all regulated firms.
“The key message is that brokers do not need to panic about this,” Biba head of compliance and training, David Sparkes, told Insurance Age.
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall