The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has told brokers not to panic after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) proposed that brokers should be included in the senior management and certification regime (SM&CR).
The regulator published a paper today (26 July) outlining proposals to extend the SM&CR to almost all regulated firms.
“The key message is that brokers do not need to panic about this,” Biba head of compliance and training, David Sparkes, told Insurance Age.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti