Experts have stated that the personal lines broker market remains strong following the news that Swinton has put 900 people at risk of redundancy.
Insurance Age revealed yesterday (26 April) that the broker was looking to restructure the size and shape of its branch network, with 84 branches being under review.
Carl Shuker, chief executive officer of A-Plan, which uses a similar branch network model to Swinton’s, observed that he was not worried about the future of the network
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK