Experts have stated that the personal lines broker market remains strong following the news that Swinton has put 900 people at risk of redundancy.
Insurance Age revealed yesterday (26 April) that the broker was looking to restructure the size and shape of its branch network, with 84 branches being under review.
Carl Shuker, chief executive officer of A-Plan, which uses a similar branch network model to Swinton’s, observed that he was not worried about the future of the network s
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute