Towergate holding company Finco has revealed a loss before tax of £73.0m for 2016, according to the Towergate Insurance annual report.
This is compared to the pre-tax loss of £210.9m posted for the preceding year.
The company also saw a fall in income from commission and fees to £317.9m (2015: £338.6m).
In addition, Finco reported a loss on continuing operations of £61.2m, which is an improvement from the £204.4m deficit it recorded in 2015.
Group operating loss reduced to £26.2m from £
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam