Towergate holding company Finco has revealed a loss before tax of £73.0m for 2016, according to the Towergate Insurance annual report.
This is compared to the pre-tax loss of £210.9m posted for the preceding year.
The company also saw a fall in income from commission and fees to £317.9m (2015: £338.6m).
In addition, Finco reported a loss on continuing operations of £61.2m, which is an improvement from the £204.4m deficit it recorded in 2015.
Group operating loss reduced to £26.2m from £
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform