Five years ago Simon Henderson took over the managing director role at Tunbridge Wells-based broker Darwin Clayton.
Pointing to the importance of building relationships in the insurance industry he notes that he used to do the underwriting for the broker 25 years ago when he was working for an insurance company.
“I had always wanted to run Darwin Clayton and when the time was right and the then managing director was looking to retire that’s when I started to talk to the chairman about the
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals