Five years ago Simon Henderson took over the managing director role at Tunbridge Wells-based broker Darwin Clayton.
Pointing to the importance of building relationships in the insurance industry he notes that he used to do the underwriting for the broker 25 years ago when he was working for an insurance company.
“I had always wanted to run Darwin Clayton and when the time was right and the then managing director was looking to retire that’s when I started to talk to the chairman about the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m