A new lobbying group of personal injury lawyers - A2J (Access to Justice) - has launched a campaign against the proposed changes to compensation for minor whiplash injuries.
Last November chancellor George Osborne announced in the 2015 Autumn Statement that the government would bring forward measures including scrapping the right to general damages for soft tissue injuries and raising the upper limit for personal injury claims from £1,000 to £5,000.
The Government predicted the measures would
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- GRP’s purchase prices revealed
- In Person: Head of Marsh Networks David Hopwood
- Abbey owners Prestige buy Autoline
- Ex-Towergate and Aviva boss Mark Hodges joins ReAssure for IPO
- FCA insurance spend rises to £264,587 for 2018/19
- GRP pondering two more regional hubs