Here are five themes I suspect we could see plenty more off as 2016 plays out.
1) New Year; same old story lines
Last year saw a number of notable broker faces take up new roles with new challenges.
From Brendan McManus joining former boss Chris Giles at PIB and Stuart Reid moving from Bluefin to AJ Gallagher; from David Ross' long drawn out - and expensive - arrival at Towergate and Peter Blanc turning up at Aston Scott, the head hunters were busy.
Elsewhere we saw the former Towergate team of A
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel