Here are five themes I suspect we could see plenty more off as 2016 plays out.
1) New Year; same old story lines
Last year saw a number of notable broker faces take up new roles with new challenges.
From Brendan McManus joining former boss Chris Giles at PIB and Stuart Reid moving from Bluefin to AJ Gallagher; from David Ross' long drawn out - and expensive - arrival at Towergate and Peter Blanc turning up at Aston Scott, the head hunters were busy.
Elsewhere we saw the former Towergate team of
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?