office of a bank, or a load of tinned soup bound for the local
supermarket, all goods being transported by road need to be insured, and
the goods-in-transit sector is extremely competitive.
"It's a very soft market, and there's no indication that it is going to
improve," says Rob Cook, manager, transit, at Royal & SunAlliance.
"There's a lot of capacity out there, and there always has been."
Along with Axa, RSA is one of the UK's
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders