Alec Finch has used his Worldwide Broker Network connections to secure his firm's future. Finch has sold his firm to his friend Jacques Verlingue, who is president of French broker Verlingue, the 10th largest broker in France.
It is the first venture out of France for Quimper-based Verlingue and, together with Finch, the firm will control EUR600m (£397m) of gross written premium.
Alec Finch, who has sold his stake, wanted to avoid selling the Manchester-based Alec Finch Group to a UK
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1