indemnity market, as reported by Professional Broking (December 1998, p2).
The insurer is ceasing to write PI business for architects, engineers and
It withdrew from solicitors' top-up indemnity in 1997. A statement from
Colonia said: "It is uneconomic for the company to continue to underwrite
this class of business for which the level of rates prevailing in the
market has fallen to historically low levels."
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic