service called Direct Line Rescue. It aims to get assistance to customers
within 35 minutes, compared to AA's aim of 37 minutes and the RAC's 36
minutes. Direct Line claims that the service will also be up to 50%
cheaper than services provided by the traditional organisations. It will
offer a no-claims discount similar to that of motor insurance policies.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product