The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has appointed Dr Matthew Connell as director of policy and engagement.
Connell started his new role on 6 March following his most recent position as head of regulatory developments and policy at Zurich.
He was also previously the chairman of the Investment and Life Insurance Group.
In his new position, a newly created role at the CII, Connell has responsibility for managing the development of its policy, public affairs and public relations strategy.
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam