Flood Re have announced that Managing General Agents (MGAs) can now cede policies directly to the government scheme.
Previously, the process was more complicated: MGAs had to collate and send ceding data through an insurer in order to apply for a Flood Re policy.
Flood Re detailed that the new offering will enable MGAs to send Flood Re policies the same way that insurers do. And it suggested that the new facility will give all parties visibility on the risks the insurer and MGA have adopted.
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester