Flood Re have announced that Managing General Agents (MGAs) can now cede policies directly to the government scheme.
Previously, the process was more complicated: MGAs had to collate and send ceding data through an insurer in order to apply for a Flood Re policy.
Flood Re detailed that the new offering will enable MGAs to send Flood Re policies the same way that insurers do. And it suggested that the new facility will give all parties visibility on the risks the insurer and MGA have adopted.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA