Tech giant Amazon has declined to comment on market rumours that it is advertising for insurance professionals to join the company so it can build a team in order to disrupt the insurance chain.
GlobalData, a data and analytics specialist, released a statement this week advising that Amazon is currently recruiting insurance professionals in London to join a new team “looking to disrupt the insurance market in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain”.
Patricia Davies, financial services analy
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- SEIB eyeing buys to support ongoing organic growth