Sian Fisher, Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) CEO, has claimed that the sale of Aldermanbury will result in cheaper premises for the organisation over the long term.
The professional body revealed that the historic building had been sold to the City of London Corporation earlier this month so it could move to yet to be announced premises in the EC3 post code.
Fisher pointed to the high cost of running the freehold on a listed building such as Aldermanbury.
“What people do not realise is
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018