Sian Fisher, Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) CEO, has claimed that the sale of Aldermanbury will result in cheaper premises for the organisation over the long term.
The professional body revealed that the historic building had been sold to the City of London Corporation earlier this month so it could move to yet to be announced premises in the EC3 post code.
Fisher pointed to the high cost of running the freehold on a listed building such as Aldermanbury.
“What people do not realise is
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product