The cost of comprehensive car insurance has continued to spiral during the first quarter of 2017 with motorists facing an average premium of £781.
The figures, which came from the latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson, said comprehensive car insurance prices rose 16%, or £110, more than they were this time last year.
According to the research, which is based on price data compiled from almost two million customer quotes, the benefits of a 1.8%
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders