Experts have touted short-term IP as the product of choice to replace payment protection insurance (PPI), which has been dogged with the mis-selling scandal that led to the Competition Commission's ban on point of sale last year.
Steve Devine, chairman of Protect, the UK protection market forum, said this was an important move from the market leader in PPI but that more was required to ignite the market.
"Having suffered long and painful torture at the hands of the regulators, consumer lobbying
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed