Experts have touted short-term IP as the product of choice to replace payment protection insurance (PPI), which has been dogged with the mis-selling scandal that led to the Competition Commission's ban on point of sale last year.
Steve Devine, chairman of Protect, the UK protection market forum, said this was an important move from the market leader in PPI but that more was required to ignite the market.
"Having suffered long and painful torture at the hands of the regulators, consumer lobbying
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards