Experts have touted short-term IP as the product of choice to replace payment protection insurance (PPI), which has been dogged with the mis-selling scandal that led to the Competition Commission's ban on point of sale last year.
Steve Devine, chairman of Protect, the UK protection market forum, said this was an important move from the market leader in PPI but that more was required to ignite the market.
"Having suffered long and painful torture at the hands of the regulators, consumer lobbying
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed