CFC's founder and chief executive David Walsh and the rest of the management team have agreed to buy the business with the support of Vitruvian Partners.
According to media reports the deal is worth £220m.
The management team completed an MBO five years ago from Hyperion Insurance.
This latest deal sees a new private equity backer replace previous individual investors including Richard Corfield, ex-chairman of RK Harrison, Mike Rees, co-founder of Benfield and Hugh Willis, co-founder of BlueBay
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product