One in seven (14%) household claims made in 2015 were made in December, costing an average £6,500, nearly three times more than the annual average for the rest of the year, figures from Ageas have revealed.
The provider also reported that the festive period is the "perfect scenario for mishaps".
The insurer, however, highlighted, that over a quarter (26%) of all home claims were because of storms such as due to Desmond, Eva and Frank in 2015.
More than one in ten (13%) of customers claimed for
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA