One in seven (14%) household claims made in 2015 were made in December, costing an average £6,500, nearly three times more than the annual average for the rest of the year, figures from Ageas have revealed.
The provider also reported that the festive period is the "perfect scenario for mishaps".
The insurer, however, highlighted, that over a quarter (26%) of all home claims were because of storms such as due to Desmond, Eva and Frank in 2015.
More than one in ten (13%) of customers claimed for
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews