The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has launched a commercial insurance scheme for businesses which it confirmed will include flood cover "for many commercial premises and let properties located in areas at risk from flooding".
Biba had stated in January that it was working on a solution for affordable flood insurance for businesses excluded from Flood Re.
The trade body highlighted that the scheme had been created after detailed discussions with flood risk specialists Landmark,
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand