The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has launched a commercial insurance scheme for businesses which it confirmed will include flood cover "for many commercial premises and let properties located in areas at risk from flooding".
Biba had stated in January that it was working on a solution for affordable flood insurance for businesses excluded from Flood Re.
The trade body highlighted that the scheme had been created after detailed discussions with flood risk specialists Landmark,
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns