Retailers have prepared for Black Friday and recruited additional staff and drivers to meet demand. This increase in deliveries means we will see an uplift in vehicles on the road this weekend and the next four weekends up to Christmas Day.
It is no surprise therefore, that concerns over road safety have been raised by the Health & Safety Executive. The risks are many and varied - many delivery drivers are young men.
Younger drivers have been found to be 25% more likely to use their mobile while
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith