Software houses have dismissed any notion of being at loggerheads with insurers over the implementation of Flood Re and insist they are working collaboratively with providers.
The launch of the scheme on Monday created disquiet in the broking community because some insurers are currently only offering quotes through their direct distribution channel.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director at the British Insurance Brokers Association (Biba), described the situation as completely inadequate and said
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam