David Ross, chief executive officer at Towergate, has addressed market rumours that the company could already be for sale.
Highbridge won the battle for the then troubled consolidator in February last year.
Speaking to Insurance Age as the business announced an Ebitda loss of £34.6m for 2015 Ross stated the company is not for sale.
"The priority for this company is to be in complete control of its own destiny," he said.
"It is not for sale."
He added: "The people who are behind Towergate
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product