Former Ageas UK chief executive officer Barry Smith has been appointed as a non-executive director of Uinsure.
Simon Taylor, CEO of Uinsure, said: "We've made no secret of the fact we have ambitious growth plans for Uinsure and over the last couple of years we have been bolstering our team in order to support these plans.
"Barry's appointment helps us to take the next step in that journey and I am delighted to welcome him to the board."
Taylor added: "In the insurance world Barry's name
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018