Steve White, CEO of the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba), has welcomed the appointment of Andrew Bailey as chief executive of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Bailey has been hired on a five year term which will start once a successor has been found for his current role as deputy governor at the Prudential Regulation Authority.
White told Insurance Age: "It's interesting that they're bringing in somebody with a recent prudential regulatory background to run the FCA. I think it
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product