Business volumes grew at the fastest rate since September 2014 in the last quarter of last year according to brokers polled as part of the PwC/CBI Financial Services Survey.
Profitability also grew at a quicker pace than expected and these profits are expected to grow firmly across the next quarter.
The survey also found that "volumes are set to grow robustly next quarter".
As reported last year optimism in the broking sector had grown, however, this growth for September to December 2015 was
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning