Business volumes grew at the fastest rate since September 2014 in the last quarter of last year according to brokers polled as part of the PwC/CBI Financial Services Survey.
Profitability also grew at a quicker pace than expected and these profits are expected to grow firmly across the next quarter.
The survey also found that "volumes are set to grow robustly next quarter".
As reported last year optimism in the broking sector had grown, however, this growth for September to December 2015 was
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA