Tracey McDermott, currently the acting chief executive officer at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), is set to be handed the position on a permanent basis, according to newspaper reports this weekend.
An article in The Sunday Times detailed that her appointment as the permanent CEO "is expected to be announced in the coming weeks".
The previous incumbent, Martin Wheatley, announced his intention to leave the watchdog in July last year.
His decision to stand down as chief executive was
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product