Mid-tier companies in the household insurance sector have increased their market share while that of the top-ranked firms has fallen according to a new report.
The businesses in the top five are Direct Line, Aviva, Lloyds Banking Group, RSA and Axa; while the mid-market companies include Legal & General, Zurich, Ageas, Hiscox and Allianz.
Companies ranked from six to 15 increased their combined gross written premium by 3.5% between 2011 and 2013, while the figure for the top five firms fell by 2
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns