Mid-tier companies in the household insurance sector have increased their market share while that of the top-ranked firms has fallen according to a new report.
The businesses in the top five are Direct Line, Aviva, Lloyds Banking Group, RSA and Axa; while the mid-market companies include Legal & General, Zurich, Ageas, Hiscox and Allianz.
Companies ranked from six to 15 increased their combined gross written premium by 3.5% between 2011 and 2013, while the figure for the top five firms fell by 2
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings