Mid-tier companies in the household insurance sector have increased their market share while that of the top-ranked firms has fallen according to a new report.
The businesses in the top five are Direct Line, Aviva, Lloyds Banking Group, RSA and Axa; while the mid-market companies include Legal & General, Zurich, Ageas, Hiscox and Allianz.
Companies ranked from six to 15 increased their combined gross written premium by 3.5% between 2011 and 2013, while the figure for the top five firms fell by 2
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA