Academy Insurance has bought Birmingham-based personal lines specialists P M Hart for an undisclosed sum.
The deal, completed in October, takes the number of Academy offices to 13.
It is the first time Academy has developed a presence in the Midlands and the broker revealed the move signalled a change in its acquisition policy.
Academy managing director Kevin Munn confirmed that in the right circumstances, the business was now prepared to venture much further afield from its
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m