The provider left the ABI over concerns that the organisation had not stepped up to the mark in its response to the proposed Jackson reforms and their resultant impact on the ATE insurance industry.
Jason Smart, CEO of Elite, said the company stood by its decision to have left the ABI “at a time when the legal expenses insurance industry was in turmoil and someone needed to make a stand”.
He added: “We made our point and we made it well. Now, however, we must acknowledge that as a rapidly
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY