Mr Lineham has previously worked at Marsh as a part of the broker's political risk and structured credit practice. Prior to this he was at Aspen as an underwriter in its financial and political risk team.
He has also worked at law firm Clyde and Co as a litigator with a focus on political risk legal matters.
Joe Blenkinsopp, deputy global head political risk and trade credit at XL Group, said: "This is a noteworthy hire for XL Group and is a clear signal of our confidence in the political risk
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product