Mr Lineham has previously worked at Marsh as a part of the broker's political risk and structured credit practice. Prior to this he was at Aspen as an underwriter in its financial and political risk team.
He has also worked at law firm Clyde and Co as a litigator with a focus on political risk legal matters.
Joe Blenkinsopp, deputy global head political risk and trade credit at XL Group, said: "This is a noteworthy hire for XL Group and is a clear signal of our confidence in the political risk
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger