He joins from Aspen Insurance, and has previously held roles at Towergate and Fusion Insurance.
In his new role, Mr Rouse will work with the London management team and European group directors.
Steve Rudduck, director at HW Wood, said Mr Rouse’s appointment signaled the company’s intent to “grow and expand the business significantly” across Europe and in the UK.
He added: “These are exciting times for HWI as we plan to continue to hire high-calibre individuals as part of our growth strategy.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management