He joins from Aspen Insurance, and has previously held roles at Towergate and Fusion Insurance.
In his new role, Mr Rouse will work with the London management team and European group directors.
Steve Rudduck, director at HW Wood, said Mr Rouse’s appointment signaled the company’s intent to “grow and expand the business significantly” across Europe and in the UK.
He added: “These are exciting times for HWI as we plan to continue to hire high-calibre individuals as part of our growth strategy.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product