The new company is part of the Covéa group, a property and liability insurance provider in France.
As a combination of MMA and Provident, Covéa expects to provide over one million UK customers with a range of general insurance products. It has set its sights on generating revenue of over £420m, while employing 800 staff at eight locations.
James Reader, chief executive of Covéa Insurance, said: “We’ve built Covéa Insurance upon the long-established strengths and expertise of both Provident and
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA