The story - which was published by the Mail's sister finance title This is Money - alerted its readers to "wallet-busting differences" when using brokers compared with price comparison websites.
It said that the gap between the best deals was £310 for car insurance, £123 for travel cover and £43 for home contents, and warned that the price difference was punishing those who don't have access to online comparison sites.
However, Biba responded by describing the article as "unfortunate" and
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey