The new product provides a guarantee against defective workmanship, materials and design in commercial solar panel installations.
It covers the costs of repairing solar panel installations as a result of an inherent defect. In addition, cover can be extended to include the roofing that the panels are installed upon as well as the feed in tariff.
Cover can be arranged for any period from 10 to 25 years and is available even after the works have been completed.
James Russell, director at BLG,
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns