Mr Lushington was previously senior engineering underwriter at Allianz Global Risks, and has over 25 years’ experience in the construction and engineering market.
In his new role, he will be based in London and will report to Max Benz, underwriting manager construction, international property, at XL.
Mr Benz commented: “We believe that over time investments in infrastructure in the UK, Ireland and Nordic region will grow again.
“With Ian’s industry experience we’ll be ready for this growth and p
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- SEIB eyeing buys to support ongoing organic growth