Mr Carter will be responsible for service provision to brokers and Capita's commercial insurance base including managing agents and insurers.
He has over 25 years' insurance industry experience and joins from the Financial Services Authority (FSA) where he was manager, wholesale insurance intermediaries.
Mr Carter started his career at credit ratings agency Standard & Poors, and has also worked for AM Best and Fitch Ratings where he was managing director, insurance, leading a team of 35 covering
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product