Sir Peter Middleton, GCB, Burford’s chairman, will become chairman of Firstassist Legal Group Holdings.
Capacity will continue to be provided by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK).
Peter Smith, managing director of Firstassist, said: “This is an exciting development for Firstassist which brings to life our clear strategic vision for sustained future growth.
"Acquisition by Burford is a great meeting of minds, skills and resource, and provides Firstassist with a complementary product in third-party
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA