IGI has increased its foothold in the legal expenses sector with the acquisition of a specialist claims management firm.
The niche insurer said it was writing around £20m of premium in legal expenses - half of its total premium.
Keith Wardell, chief executive at IGI, said: "IGI has been quietly but conscientiously building its legal expenses business over the past few years, and this acquisition forms an important part of our ongoing strategy to achieve significant growth."
Complete Claims provides
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product