Fortis Insurance has reported a 15% increase in year-on-year growth in gross written premium (GWP) (£142.5m in Q1 2005) and an overall GWP of £164.3m for the first quarter of 2006.
Barry Smith, chief executive of Fortis, commented: "We are delighted that the figures for Q1 2006 have exceeded our revenue expectations, with motor, household, travel and commercial all providing excellent returns to the business in terms of volume and value.
He said that its "partnership with brokers in particular
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?