Legal and General (L&G) reported a general insurance loss of £2m and a combined ratio of 108% for the year ended 31 December 2008 (2007: 131%). The insurance group reported that its significant household business recorded an operating loss of £12m in 2008 and an underwriting loss of £26m in 2008 (2007: 101m) and a COR of 110% (2007: 145%). Overall, as a group L&G recorded a £189m loss (2007: £658m profit).
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April