Brokers could face the prospect of legal action as networks tighten up contractual obligations in the wake of increasing competition in the sector, according to industry experts.
David Hopwood, director at Layton Blackham Business Solutions (LBBS), said: "Brokers should be aware of the tie-ins that are involved with the contracts they sign, and pay close attention to any notice periods. Networks are making it very difficult to get out of contracts."
In light of Broker Network's purchase by Towerga
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData