Troubled US insurance giant AIG is set to reveal a fourth-quarter loss of up to $60bn. According to reports on CNBC, AIG is believed to be talking to the US government about another cash injection despite already being 80% state-owned. The losses, due to be announced on 2 March, are thought to be write-downs on commercial property and other assets.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017